Edinburgh International Magic Festival (MagicFest) is non-for-profit company limited by guarantee (Registration No.SC371015) based at 101 Rose Street South Lane, Edinburgh, EH2 3JG. Contact details: +44(0)131 618 9900, firstname.lastname@example.org
How we collect personal data
We collect personal information when:
• You enter a competition and agree to receive communications from MagicFest
• You request a brochure to be posted to you through our online form
• You apply for or accept paid and voluntary positions with MagicFest
• You book tickets for Magic School workshops that require a child registration form
• You make a donation/become a supporter
• You send us an invoice or expense claim.
We very rarely collect or use special category data. If we do, we will always let you know at the time of collection, and will not store the data if you object to this.
However, you can opt out if you’d prefer by adjusting the settings on your internet browser to prevent cookies being downloaded. How this is done varies according to which browser you are using and we recommend you refer to the appropriate online help guides dependent on your browser preference.
Details of how to disable the cookies associated with Google Analytics are outlined below.
Google Analytics, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
These cookies are used to collect analytical information about how visitors use our site. All web traffic and usage information is collected in an aggregate and anonymous form. We use this information for analytical purposes to evaluate the performance of marketing campaigns, compile reports and to make improvements to website content and user experience. Google privacy information: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking by installing a browser plug-in from http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
This site also uses Get Clicky Analytics tracking. Further information on this can be found here, including details on how to disable this should you wish.
How we use personal data
The main purposes for which we use personal data are:
• For members of the public, artists, industry professionals, venues, partners and supporters: to inform you about performances, events, news and opportunities that you have asked to be kept informed about (legal basis: consent) or that we think you would be interested in, given your previous engagement with MagicFest (legal basis: legitimate interest).
• For staff: to comply with legal requirements of employers and charities, e.g. registering you with HMRC or Companies House (legal basis: legal obligation).
• For Magic School customers: to contact you if we need to provide or request additional information about your child to make sure they enjoy the event or in case of emergency during the event (legal basis: legitimate interest).
• For artists, companies and industry professionals: to pay you for a service you provided (legal basis: contract or legitimate interest).
If you are purchasing tickets, this information is used to process the transaction and provide you with goods and services. It also allows us to notify you in case of cancellation, postponement or relocation of any events/shows/workshops and contact you to collect feedback in order to improve our services.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by contacting us to revoke your subscription or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in one of our newsletters. You can also ask us to delete any other personal data we hold about you by contacting email@example.com.
Edinburgh International Magic Festival will not share your personal information with any third parties, other than data processors carrying out work on our behalf and working with us to provide a service. This includes mailing, processing orders and card payments, email delivery and website hosting. Examples of this include our Box Office provider, Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society. We also work with a bulk email distributor – Mailerlite – to send out e-newsletters to subscribers. All of our data processors have their own data security processes and protocols in place, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR. We may share your access requirements with venue partners if you have given consent, in order to support your visit. Our current list of third party data processors includes: Mailerlite, Googleforms, WuFoo, Jotform, Venue Partners.
Your data is never sold or shared commercially. It is only used by Edinburgh International Magic Festival.
How we store personal data
We store the data we collect securely. Each set of data can only be accessed by particular staff members who need the data to perform their roles.
We retain financial data (including invoices with bank details) for six years, as this is a legal requirement.
We retain contact details and other personal details for as long as we believe it will be useful, in order to fulfil the functions listed above, under the relevant lawful bases.
We endeavour to keep our records up to date, and may periodically contact you to ensure the data we hold is accurate, and to give you the option of opting out (where applicable).
Any child under the age of 16 should ask a parent or guardian for permission before subscribing to our mailing list.
Permission is requested from parents or guardians before taking photographs or videos of children that may be used in our brochures, on our website, on our social media channels or for other promotional purposes. However, if you have a valid reason why an image/video should not be used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to remove them where possible.